Search This Blog

Thursday 29 March 2012

Bye Bye Velorution

I can't believe I'm saying this but one of my favourite shops for all things velo is closing down! Velorution on Great Portland Street is famous for it's bicycles and chic accessories and has been a fixture in Central London for the last 7 years. I've often walked by and longed after everything in their window display and I got my gorgeous Sawako Furuno helmet from there.

I received this email from them today;

"Dear Titania,

Velorution will be closing its doors on 5th May. You have five weeks to catch a bargain.We are discounting ALL stock items up to 50%. You are unlikely to find better bargains this spring. Our workshop will be functional until the 27th April, so if your bike needs a spring tune-up, do come and visit us.

Thank you for supporting us these past seven years; it has been a privilege to service you all. London has been transformed and that is thanks to you. In spite of all the broken promises by the politicians, you show everyday, by cycling to work or with your children, how beautiful this city could be.
Thank you for doing your part in realising the Velorution dream!"

A very, very sad day and I hope he continues to be part of the cycling community. Now, the silver lining here is that EVERYTHING IS 50% OFF! I have my eye on these two items...




No comments:

Post a Comment