Search This Blog

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Sew Over It

Continuing my current obsession for crafting, I have recently completed an 4 part course called introduction to sewing at the amazing Sew It Over in Clapham. Its such a pretty and creative shop with everything you could possibly wish for to create mini-masterpieces at home and lovely helpful staff. Everywhere you turn the are examples of what you can do and they have loads of classes.









In Session 1, we learnt the basics about the sewing machine and make a cushion cover. Considering my skills up to that point were non-existent I was ecstatic!

Session 2 we made a tote bag and I chose the most beautiful fabric I'd've seen in a long time. You can choose from their selection for all of the things you make on the course.
The next session was probably the hardest as we learnt how to insert zips and made a lined a little make up bag. I came over all create at this point and made a little corsage broach to go with it.

In the final session I made a lined make-up bag! with a corsage and altered some vintage dresses that didn't fit quite right and I even turned one into a skirt and a top! It was a really inspiring course. The staff are super friendly and the store is so amazing, I wanted to take everything home. As that might have been frowned upon I took my inspiration home and crafted my half term away!


Location:Clapham North

No comments:

Post a Comment